Sunday, November 05, 2006

5: but the trip wasn't wasted

The day was not a waste of time and gas and energy! I had several important epiphanies:
  1. I really need to buy a classy jacket to wear to the theater and to semi-formal social events.
  2. On the same note, maybe I should resign myself to being twenty pounds heavier than I was this time last year and buy myself a pair of dress pants a size above the ones I've got in my dresser.
  3. Because I look like a hobo.
  4. But maybe looking like a hobo is okay because I am so completely socially awkward that even if I made a huge effort to present myself as classy and dressy I would still be a misfit.
These realizations are a little conflicting and a lot depressing. But this, too, is okay because my dad bought me a first edition copy of V. Nabokov's Glory. It looks very nice on my shelf with the matching first edition Ada.

No comments: